Protecting yourself and your business from cyber security risks can seem daunting but there are some simple steps you can take to ensure you have the basics in place.
These actions should be carried out by staff responsible for determining the overall cyber security policy.
- Identify and record essential data for regular backups.
- Create a password policy.
- Decide what access controls your users need so they can access only the information and systems required for their job role.
- Decide what staff need access to USB drives
- Sign up to threat alerts and read cyber local advice e.g. briefing sheets/threat reports from www.actionfraud.police.uk/signup.
- Create an inventory of approved USB drives and their issued owners, and review whether the ownership is necessary periodically.
By using this Small Business Guide you can significantly increase your protection from the most common types of cyber crime helping you to protect your organisation's data, assets, and reputation.